Wednesday 7 March 2012

I #100daysofwriting #poetry #amwriting

This sort of stemmed from a conversation I had yesterday with my mum (but mostly not) and a couple of conversations I had today with different friends which were something of an off on a major tangent from that type thing.

I

Apparently
I should
Be more careful
Ask for help
Know better
Stop trying so hard
Realise I can't do everything
Be cautious
Always

Admittedly
Sometimes I
Get things wrong
Make mistakes
Fail
Break things
Scare people
Push my limits
Repeatedly

People don't like
That a crip
Tries everything
Rarely says no
Hurts herself
Goes to extremes
Makes things work
Thinks differently
Always

Then they
Claim that
They know best
I can't decide for myself
Permission is needed
As I don't understand things
I struggle terribly
And live a tragic life
Fact

Truth is
I know I
Laugh when things go wrong
Succeed more than I fail
Have achieved things I never thought possible
Relish the experiences right or wrong
Am able in many ways
And live a wonderful life
Fact

Trouble is
People don't
See me
They see a
Hateful
Stereotype
She's disabled?
That means she's
(tick all that apply)

And I
Am unique
I'm me
Whoever that is
Today
I would
(tick all that apply)
But I am not
A tick in a box



♥ Emma

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails