Sunday 7 November 2010

Why Deciding to Blog Daily is a Bad Idea if You're Me!

I originally planned to blog everyday this month.  I am officially never going to make that plan again.  It was something I intended to do in September and then I stared the month off with a cold that ended up on my chest.  No month of daily blogging for me!

And then I decided to do the same this month.

Tuesday I had a bit of a sore throat but nothing major.  My Dad's had a bad cold so I was a bit concerned I was getting one but didn't worry about it too much.  Went into Reading for the day and bought the yarn for my Mum's Christmas present.  Also did a big chunk of writing in one of the branches of costa with a bacon sandwich.  Then when I came home I decided to have a dominos.  Usually I order a large pizza and a couple of sides (if there are on buy one get one free, otherwise just one) and have half or thereabouts and then the rest the next day.  I just ordered a large pizza (especially good willpower wise as it was Two for Tuesday on pizza).  But I ate the lot.

And woke up in the middle of the night having a gall bladder attack.  Nothing like as bad as the only other one I've had but still horrendous.  But did also have my first ever kidney infection as well last time.  I was scared and freaked out and thought for sure I'd end up at the doctors if not the hospital that day.  But I managed to get myself into a place where I was comfortable so long as I didn't move which wasn't great as I kept needing the loo or a drink due to aforementioned sore throat.  I felt a lot better when I woke up on Wednesday morning and managed to avoid the doctors.  I was however completely washed out as I'd slept so badly (was up at least four times in the night).  I ate very little all day and mostly plain foods.  By the evening I was feeling back to normal and cooped up so I popped out to see the writers saying I'd stay half an hour, mostly so I could get some fresh air.  I was there almost two hours I think.

Thursday I was a little sniffly but not to bad.  Then I went out to creative writing and the cold air set me off cough, cough, cough, cough, cough.  And a bad one too.  Wouldn't have gone if I'd realised it would be that bad.  Completely full of cold!  Friday I was full of it and felt lousy and probably should have cancelled my plans for that evening.  But I didn't.  Which led to us bumping into a friend of ours and a friend of hers (who I'd not met)  who was all "have you got something for that?" and declared that I really needed to see the doctor.  My mum said that it wasn't Oh my god go to the doctor stage at that point.  And I woke up Saturday morning have dried up a lot but still quite cold-y.  I'm still coughing a lot today but it's a lot looser and my nose isn't dripping.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering, I am up to date with my NaNoWriMo attempts (apart from today but there's still time).  I was very behind but I did a mammoth catch up yesterday.  I'm not where I'd like to be, however.  And my story has disappeared.  I'm going to try writing a different idea starting tomorrow (but keep the words I already have) and return to this one at some not NaNo point in the future.

Haven't got much else to say about this week, a lot of cancelled plans, feeling bad and writing about sums it up!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hugs. good on you for keeping up with nano

Cheryl said...

I have a cold too, which I started coming down with Thurs and work up with Fri. Very inconvenient as it caused me to miss a protest Sat morning. If only I'd come down with it Wednesday I would have been better enough...

Elizabeth McClung said...

Good job keeping up with namblo even with all the adversity

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails