Monday 8 November 2010

Welcome To My World by Miranda Dickinson

The lovely folks from the Authonomy team at Harper Collins sent me a copy of Welcome To My World by Miranda Dickinson to review.  It's coming out on 11th November (just a couple of days!) and is well worth reading.

This is what Amazon has to say about it:

Close your eyes and imagine the world is your oyster...

And now imagine never seeing it. Welcome to Harriet Langton's world. All her life she's dreamt of travelling the globe - fate always got in the way.

Working as a travel agent, the closest Harri comes to her dream destination of Venice is booking the trip for someone else. But everything changes when travel fanatic Alex drops in.

With her boyfriend Rob tied up with work, Harri is persuaded to help Alex in his quest for love. But in her attempts to help, Harri soon discovers that she's alienating those around her.

Desperate to leave her life behind, will her dreams finally come true? Or will Harri's leap of faith be her biggest mistake yet?

A gorgeous love story for fans of Sophie Kinsella and Jill Mansell.


I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and an easy read (but not boring!). Great fun to snuggle under a duvet on a cold day and read - in fact I did that and read over half of it in one go as I couldn't put it down. Loved the characters, they were very believable and real. They even have flaws and talents just like the rest of us. This book is a chick lit classic but it wasn't predictable - I thought I'd figured out what would happen and with one or two things I had. However there were others that took me by surprise and I spent most of the book desperate to know just why Harri was hiding in the Ladies Loo which was a twist I loved. They say you should always leave people wanting more and this book definitely did that - it ties up all the loose ends and leaves you satisfied but part of me did wonder what came next for Harri and everyone else in the book. I'd not read any Miranda Dickinson before but I'm now adding her other book to my Christmas list!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails