Thursday 5 April 2012

The 3 Rs #fridayreads #amreading

I've had a really lazy day doing lots of reading amongst other things. I kept thinking I'll read one more chapter then I'll do something else but that usually turned into three or four more at least.

I have so many unread books (both actual books and ebooks) that over a few days I considered all of them. I then declared a book buying ban and made a list of books. I am not buying any more books until I've read or at least attempted all of those. Although I did buy two books when I was writing the thing.

There are 35 books on the list, I've since finished two and hope to finish one or two more over Easter (a lot of them are short - I deliberately listed those as they are quick and will make a big dent in my TBR pile). I reckon at least 10 of the books have around 200 pages so providing they aren't hard going I could read one of them in a day or so. Of course I do have library books out at the moment and didn't list those...

I anticipate taking at least three months to read the list, probably longer. I doubt it will be less but who knows.


Reading
Writing
Arithmetic
The 3 Rs
They were
Called at
School

Kinda amusing
Looking back
When you think
Only one
Begins with
R

That's probably
Why
Literacy
And
Numeracy
Are what
Teachers
Say
Today

Two of
The Rs
Are my
Hobbies
I've spent
The day
Reading
And now
I'm writing

School made
Them fun
But I'm
Not sure
I'd get
So much
Enjoyment
Out of literacy

As I do
From
Reading
And
Writing

(you can do
What you
Like with
Arithmetic)


♥ Emma

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails