Friday 30 March 2012

Missing: One Smile

I've lost
My smile

Last seen
On Tuesday
Sitting in
The sunshine
Eating a picnic
Of sorts.

But then
Without warning
A painful blow
Struck
Trust was
Broken
And
My smile
Went missing

It's not behind
The sofa
Hiding in
The kitchen
Or lurking under
My bed
I checked.

I was definitely
At home
The last time
I saw it
And my parents
Double checked
My bins.

My smile is
Gone
We just can't
Find it
Unsurprising
Given the
Mood I'm in

It's weird without
My smile
Horrid that
I can't even grin
I wouldn't
Know
Where to
Begin

And as for a smirk
I imagine that's
On the face
Of the smile thief
Because it isn't
On mine
It's just too much
Work.

There are
Glimmers
Of hope
Snippets
Of good news
Bring a fleeting
Return
But my smile is
Scared
Needs more
Than I've got
To return
For good

My smile
Is missing
If found,
Please return
To me



♥ Emma

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails