Thursday 29 March 2012

How Dare You #100daysofwriting #disability

You ask me
How I dare
Do what I do?

Be it
Live alone
Go out
Volunteer
Swim
Knit
Survive
Thrive

You tell
Me
You couldn't
Do it.
You wouldn't
Dare.

So it seems
I'm brave
For going
To the supermarket
The library
And even
The post office
But especially
For laughing
Living
And loving

The truth is
I
Have
one choice
Do it
Or not
And if
I
Don't
No one will
Do it for me

But it
Takes
Friendship
Support
Understanding
Help
And trust

For me
To do
What I do
Be independent
Successful
Outgoing
And
All I am
It takes a village

And so I want to know
How YOU dare
Take advantage
Of me
Destroy
My trust
Hurt me
Make me
Feel crap
And
Really
Pissed off

You've always
Said I'm brave
Incredibly Strong
Inspirational
And so many
Other things

I dare do things
You wouldn't
Because I
Have no choice

But I'm not
Brave enough
To say this
To your
Face
How dare you?
How dare you?
How dare you
Do what you did?

I might be
Strong
(although I'm
Not always
Sure that's so)
But not
Incredibly so
As you make out

The truth is
You're a
coward
Because only a
Coward
Would do
What you did
I hope it
Haunts you
A secret
Of which
You'll
Never be
Rid


♥ Emma

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails