Monday 6 February 2012

The Process and The Passion

Day 19 of 100 days of writing. A poem about writing. I hope it shows how much I really am enjoying this project but at the same time finding it very challenging. The last few days motivation has been the main issue I've faced but ideas and inspiration have been lacking at times. This is an issue I hadn't anticipated. I do think I need to be making more of an effort to find time to write earlier in the day though.

The Process and The Passion

Words flow
It's simple
Yet slow
I feel a bit
Tense
Until
They start
Writing is
More than
My art
It's something
I hold in my
Heart
It relaxes
When it
Works
But isn't
Without its
Quirks
It can be
A bit of a
Mess
Or cause
Lots of
Stress
So then
I do it
Less
But
I must
Confess
That's wrong
For writing
My art
Is exciting
And of
Me
its a
Huge part
And will
always
Be
It may not
Make money
Or even be
Funny
But the
Point is
Writing I
LOVE
Yes writing can
Be a struggle
I get in a big
Muddle
Or lots of
Trouble
But when it works
It works
I can't explain
My surprise
At the words
That before
My eyes
Come out of
My brain
It's absurd
Yet really
Quite cool
But people
Think me a fool
For doing it
For now reward
But all else
Above
It's reward
Is its a
Thing that I love.


♥ Emma

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails