Tuesday 31 January 2012

Unlucky For Some. #100daysofwriting

The Disability Blog Carnival is running approximately a day late due to unforeseen circumstances. We apologise for the delay to this service.

Anyway. On to the writing.

Day 13 of my 100 days of writing. And I've been thinking about the idea of unlucky 13. Which morphed into this somewhat unrelated piece which needs a much better title

Unlucky For Some

"I don't know how you do it you know?"

"you've lost me."

"I mean I really admire you doing everything you do. I couldn't do it."

"this is a turn up for the books I didn't think there was anything YOU couldn't do. Little Miss Capable, that's you."

"No... I could do it."

"OK I really don't know what you're talking about"

"it... It's just got to be so hard. I mean I know you'll deny it but that's your way. And to think if not for one moment of bad luck you'd have it so much easier. It's just not fair, is it?

"hmm well, I can't answer that question being I don't know what the question is."

"you don't?"

"no..."

"I'm talking about your problem..."

"what problem? The only problem I've got now is this conversation. We're going round in circles and I'm really confused"

"you know. Being able-bodied. I couldn't cope with being able-bodied. I mean, having to walk everywhere rather then using a wheelchair. I don't know how you do it, I really don't."





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails