Monday 13 September 2010

A (Mostly Medical) Few Things

I started a new medication last week, Terbinafine.  It's only one tablet a day but it tastes disgusting and no matter what I do it seems to dissolve in my mouth.  I'm gonna be on it for three months, maybe a little longer (possibly up to six) which is a bit better than a new permanent medication.  That's apparently harsh on the liver which made me worry a bit about whether I should take it.  So we agreed that I would have a blood test part way through the course which they don't normally do.  I'm hoping the fact I've lost more weight will mean that it's a lot easier to do this time!  Oh and apparently it might increase my fluoxetine levels in my blood slightly and I need to watch that.  Not sure how I do that but equally I'm not convinced it wouldn't be a bad thing.  I'm not OMG depressed but certainly a little flat the last week or so.  Probably a result of being ill so it should go off soon, I hope.

Actually, I started another new medication a while ago but I don't think I ever blogged about it.  That's Mefenamic Acid and I just take it three times a day when I've got my period (and the day or so before if I know it's coming which I never do anymore, *sigh*).  It's to prevent a recurrence of the two week long bleeding nightmare periods I've had a couple of in the last year or so.  It seemed to work well when I took it although I would have preferred to go on something to regulate it.  But I couldn't get in with my regular GP and the GP I saw wanted to prescribe the pill for me (instead of a few days a month of Noristerone which my GP was going to give me if it came to it, which it has).  The pill which both my regular GP and the nurse I see regularly say I can't have (overweight, wheelchair user with a family history of DVT).  I queried it with that GP who checked a book and said I could take it but the patient information leaflet would say I couldn't.  I said no to that prospect!

I'm really, really hoping that I'll be almost at the 2 stone lost mark when I weigh in tomorrow.  In fact I'm secretly hoping I'll be there but that's 3lb+ in a week and is probably unrealistic!

Walked more on Saturday then I have in a long time.  Went to visit my Uncle and his partner in their new house which has a lot of walking in it.  It's a lovely house with some amazing views and it was lovely to see them  My legs are feeling quite tight now however which isn't great.  I've upped my baclofen for a few days (script is written for me to do that if I feel I need to).

I have been online entirely too much since I came home from the bureau.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails