Tuesday 13 January 2009

The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl by Shauna Reid

AKA now you see it... now you don't.  This is an edited version of the entry I posted about ten minutes ago.  I had added some new thoughts about my own weightloss journey but had second thoughts about how personal they are to me.  So I have saved them for me and they are gone from the blog.  If you have/did read those bits I would ask you respect my decision to remove them.



Last year I read The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl by Shauna Reid.  And ever since I've been reading her blog.  I've spent the last few days rereading the book and finished it this evening.

I loved the book first time round.  Shauna lost literally half her body weight over about five/six years.  Her journey is pretty amazing how she went from depressed and almost reclusive to married and outgoing as she went on the journey and overcame the depression.  It was definitely inspiration and heartwarming to read all of that.  I passed it on to my mum and my sister and we all thought the same.  The photos in the book are great as well.  I especially love the one of Shauna and Dr G both in her "fat jeans".

But reading it again, particularly reading the second half tonight?

It was so much more personal to me and I almost found it hard to read.  Because I knew I was depressed about my weight and how I can't wear anything nice and how my mobility is even worse than ever not because of the CP but because of my weight.  I got pretty choked up reading it this time.

Both the book and the blog are ones I would definitely recommend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails