Sunday 7 December 2008

Writing a New 101 in 1001 list.

The 1001 days of my 101 in 1001 project end on Sunday next week (which makes this something like day 994).  For a few months I've been toying with a few ideas for the next one.  And I also had a few which were completed but not marked off on here.

I took some time this evening to work out exactly which goals are completed, which are part way through and realistically can be easily finished by next Sunday (about another four or five - like my favourite writings project or the website one both of which need about two hours or less spending on them at their current stages of "doneness" to move to finishedness).  I think it's likely I'll be ending with somewhere in the region of 46+ tasks completed.

And I finally but fingers to keyboard and noted down the beginnings of the new list.  So far I have 20 things.  My thought is to have as few "repeats" as possibly.  Ideally, I would like to see the only goal which appears on both lists to be goal 101 "On day 1001 publish a new 101 in 1001 list."

In an ideal world I would write the entire list without input from anyone or reading any other 101 lists for inspiration.  But I think that's unrealistic.  So if you've got any suggestions leave a comment - no guarantees but it might be interesting.  Or does anyone else want to do their own list and try this with me?

Out of the three people who I told about this and "did it with me" (my friend Shi, my sister and my mum) this time round I think I'm the only one still thinking about it now.  Although my mum was talking about her list earlier.  She lost hers though which kinda stumped her project!

3 comments:

Sophinda said...

Ooh you've reminded me! didnt realise it ended so soon. You said when I signed up for my half marathon you'd love to do one so why not put that down?
other ideas which u may like or may hate, bake your own bread, erm well thats it for now! xx

Ricky said...

How about learning a new language? There are a number of online resources that can help you with that.

Sophinda said...

boo ive only completed 41 of mine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails