Monday 29 September 2008

Slightly Sick But Lucky

I've been feeling off all weekend and last night was absolutely convinced I had a UTI (I used to be the queen of them).  My bladder and that area was that painful.  But thankfully a trip to the nurse this morning reveals that whilst I am symptomatic nothing is showing up.  And my temp is fine so there shouldn't be something else making me feel like this.  So I've antibiotics to start taking if I still have pain this evening or tomorrow morning.  The nurse (nurse led minor illnesses clinic) checked with the doctor and basically with my history and those symptoms...

I still feel off but I feel a lot better knowing that I pretty much don't have an infection - after six in seven months in 2003/2004 which were only cured by four months of 50mg daily nitrofurantoin -  getting those symptoms to that extent makes me anxious.  Lots and lots of fluids and some cranberry extract for me today it seems.

It's a wheelchair thing and it's not good.  But I heard some stuff yesterday that reminded me that even as a CP-er I am very lucky and if being prone to UTI is to be my non wheelchair major CP issue then so be it.  A lot of people have it worse than me.

Still, the weekend was fun other than that (but that's a whole 'nother entry...)

2 comments:

dadivastreet said...

Hope you're feeling better! Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!

Buffedstuff said...

Hello Emma and welcome to the Healthy You Challenge, I will be cheering you on and wishing you the best. I hope you feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails