Monday 19 March 2007

Lots of links, again

Some links I wanted to share.

For Want of a Word.  Steve shares his thoughts on a talk he did about self-advocacy and shares a wonderful anecdote about Prince Charles which really made me think.

Kay has some pretty funny pictures on disability.

It's probably really wrong of me but I do find this article from Ouch! kind of funny. It's one of those you've just got to laugh things...

One Million for Disability.  Funky Mango shares a link to a petition to improve the lives of disabled people and combat discrimination within the EU and explains it far better than I ever could.  Did you know that the EU must respond to a call from at least 1 million citizens?  Or if you just want to sign the petition, the link is here.

On the One Million for Disability website I especially like the Adopt a Disability Attitude page.  Particularly the bit at the bottom where it says:
A pinch of knowledge,

two spoons of awareness,

and a handful of simple actions,

are the ingredients of a very successful

“Disability Attitude”


Finally, a link that I have been meaning to post here for a while.  Scope, the UK based charity for people with CP are running a campaign to defend the human rights of disabled children in the light of the recent revelations about the Ashley Treatment.  You can sign the petition here.

2 comments:

Connie and Steve said...

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the links! I look forward to returning and spending some time exploring further. First I have to get my taxes done. By the way, I love the color scheme of your blog.

~ Connie

Jacqui said...

There are lots of great stuff on the net at the moment. I've been meaning to do something similar but I don't get much time to myself anymore. Thanks for the links!

L,
Jacqui

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails