Sunday 18 March 2007

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers out there. I hope you had a wonderful day. I went and did my food shopping this morning and then spent a couple of hours this afternoon with my parents. It was fun and a nice way to spend the day.

I've been spending a lot of time lately doing crafts for my Mum ready for today. I wasn't too sure how she would like some of them although I was mostly pleased with them. However she loved them so it's all good.

This is the card I made for Mum. I had to improvise a lot as I went along but I am pretty pleased with it and think it might be one of the better ones I've done.

Mothers Day Card

[Visual Description of the Card It's a pink precut card that has a hole in the centre in which I stuck a darker pink piece of parchment and then a smaller square of light pink tissue paper. Underneath that there is a wavy piece of pink yarn and a tiny yet bright (very bright) pink bead above and below the yarn. The card is square shaped]

This is the scarf I made for mum. When we were talking about knitting the other day she was talking about the episode of friends where Phoebe is knitting a scarf and it's only about three stitches wide and saying that she really wanted one. So I made her one for Mothers Day but it's eight stitches wide not three.

Scarf[visual description: It's made with what in the shop looked like a light blue yarn but actually knits brighter than I anticipated. However the flash in this photo has made it appear brighter than it really is. It's lying on the arm of my sofa which is black]

It's actually a dead quick knit and I really enjoyed doing it. Mum loves it and my next project is to make one for myself! This also has the distinction of being my second ever knitted item and also the first where I did everything, cast on, knitting and cast off all myself. I am very pleased with it but wish I could have made my cast on and off neater. Something to work on.

I also tried the scarf on to see if it was a decent length and took a picture of myself modeling it in the bathroom mirror

Me modeling the scarf

[Visual Description:The scarf is wrapped round my neck with a long tail hanging down my front. I am wearing a cream coloured zip up cardi and my ipod headphones are sort of visible under my clothes and the scarf. A hint of my top is also visible which is a Green coloured t-shirt which a cream neck. As it was taken in the mirror you can see the reflection of the camera and one of the screws holding the mirror to the wall is also visible. I cut my head off when taking this picture]

I love making crafts. And I love to give them as gifts too. Gift giving for the sake of it annoys me and crafts are a good way to avoid that.  So that was a win-win-win situation!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails