Monday 6 November 2006

Good People

"Most of us miss out on life's big prizes. The Pulitzer. The Nobel. An Oscar. But we're all eligible for life's small pleasures. A pat on the back. A kiss behind the ear. A four-pound bass. A full moon. An empty parking space. A crackling fire. A great meal. A glorious sunset. Hot soup. Cold beer. Don't fret about cropping life's grand awards. Enjoy its tiny delights. Know joy."
--Author Unknown.

I had a tiny delight today and when I saw this quote I knew I should share both it and my experience of Knowing joy as the quote says.

I called a taxi home this morning after my appointment and they sent Pete who drives the wheelchair taxi and has picked me up several times (but I only found out his name today). I didn't ask for the wheelchair taxi but I was pleased to see it and save transferring. And when he got me home he didn't have any change. I had a tenner and it was £4.20. So he said he would let it go and said I could pay him next time. How nice is that? No fuss at all and a lot of people would have made a HUGE deal of that. My faith in people took a little battering early this morning but then that restored it and life is good.

Oh and because of the nature of my appt I made more of an effort when I got ready this morning and I feel all pretty today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails