Sunday 9 April 2006

CP History Radio Show

I'm listening to a radio show that was broadcast on Radio 4 (part of BBC Radio) last night.

This is what the website has to say about it:
Speaking for Ourselves: Geoff Adams-Spink explores a remarkable oral history project about disability, run by the charity Scope. A heart breaking and inspirational history of the unheard.

Parts of it are very interesting and I think it's worth listening too... but there are parts which I personally have found irritating and/or annoying and that possibly some might find upsetting.  History is something that really interests me and disability history which this is interests me more...
I think the first woman who speaks (the first woman w/ CP i mean) is amazing, her comments just seriously made me think "you rock lady" And obviously i don't like the use of the term "heart breaking" in the blurb on the website ;o)

Click here if you want to listen to it, it's about an hour long

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails