Monday 16 April 2012

Things That I've Been Reading

I rather suspect I'll be doing a couple of these this month as I seem to be reading a lot at the moment and quickly too.

The Wedding Wallah by Farahad Zama

This is the third in the Marriage Bureau for Rich People series. The series gets better with every book in my opinion. It's romantic without being overkill and it's easy and fun to read without being chick lit or ridiculously fluffy. I believe this was originally going to be called Not All Marriages Are Made In Heaven and I think that title makes more sense than The Wedding Wallah. I also missed the bright and cheerful covers of the previous two, this had a much more sedate and plain one. This covers more that just straight relationships, a change I was pleased to see. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Whose Body by Dorothy L Sayers

I really enjoy these Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries. I didn't expect to like them as much as I do. This is the first in the series and whilst I've read several others this was the first time I've read this. Not my favourite of the ones I've read but a good read.

Cloud of Witness by Dorothy L Sayers

This was a particularly good Lord Peter book. I love the characters in these books and the way they have a nice feel to them. They are who dunnits dealing with potentially gruesome and grizzly subjects in a way that is detailed enough without being scarily detailed or off putting. In this particular book it was nice to meet more of the Wimsey family as a part of the mystery. With all their foibles and quirks they are very real and loveable characters.

Unnatural Death by Dorothy L Sayers

Another visit to the life of Lord Peter. As always I really enjoyed it but in this case although the was it murder? line was intriguing I thought it was a little bit much in places. I guessed the how of things a few chapters before it was revealed but not the who or why.

In Stitches by Dr Nick Edwards

Real life tales of a Dr working in A&E. Very interesting. I had a ridiculously late tea one day as I seriously lost track of time while reading it. I'd love to read a sequel. I'd also like to know what happened next to some of the patients but I guess being that it's A&E the staff never find out.

♥ Emma

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails