Saturday 4 February 2012

Snow

Day 17 of 100 days of writing

I had thought last night that I'd probably end up writing something about numbers today. The number 17 has always been if not my favourite number one I've got a thing about. As a teenager playing bingo or other number games at school I'd almost always pick 17. And I longed to be 17 because in my mind that was a great age. That was the age when it would all come together for me.

Anyway... I didn't end up writing about numbers. Mostly because The White Stuff is falling and I wrote about that.

Snow

Crisp
White
Cold
Beautiful

Snow is falling
All around
The world
disappears
Just whiteness
Remains

Fun
Freezing
Simple
Wet

Snowmen
spring up
Sledges
appear
Fights are
A good thing
Just once a year.

Freeing
Wonderful
Magical
Happiness

For some
Accidents happen
For others
Independence
Disappears

Desolate
Limiting
Dangerous
Disabling

Wheels and
Snow are
Not a good
Mix
Leaving the house
Is too
Much to
Risk


♥ Emma

1 comment:

~ Kirra ~ said...

Poetic of verse and an insight for all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails