Thursday 5 January 2012

Thursday Thirteen #1

OK so it's not my first ever Thursday Thirteen but I've not done one in forever (maybe not at all last year) so I'm calling it #1.

Thirteen Things I Hope To Do In 2012

1. Lots of writing. Fiction mostly but I'd like to give poetry another shot too.
2. Lose a little weight. I have a lot to lose but I'd like to do it slowly as I think it's more likely to stay off.
3. Swim. I really miss swimming regularly.
4. Go to the seaside. I've not been by the sea for a couple of years which is a huge shame.
5. Meet up with uni friends in Birmingham. We tried and failed to meet up last year and I miss the laughter and the pizza and the hugs we share when we do meet up.
6. Have at least one article published. I had 1 published in both 2010 and 2011, I'd like to continue the trend.
7. Read Emma by Jane Austen. I love her books and it's the only one of her full novels I've not read completely.
8. Take my meds regularly. I really struggled with this last year.
9. See a Shakespeare play. I've read a couple when I was at school but never seen one on stage.
10. Get a new powerchair. Self explanatory really but it needs to happen soon ish.
11. Try a new craft. Perhaps pottery although knowing me I'd end up mega messy.
12. Have a decent attempt at the first draft of a novel. Because novel writing isn't just for November.
13. Be a better friend. I feel like I neglected a lot of my friends towards the end of 2011 due to my depression and that's unacceptable.

2 comments:

colleen said...

Good list and good luck with it. I'm going to wear more dresses and go to Hollywood.

Cindy Swanson said...

Excellent goals! I so agree about the seaside. I love the sea, and I rarely get to see it because I'm in landlocked Illinois. I'd love to have a beach vacation this coming summer!

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails