Sunday 29 January 2012

Decisions #100daysofwriting #amwriting #poetry

I've been doing a lot of thinking about various things over the weekend which has inspired this poem. My thinking hasn't resulted in any real decisions as yet. It seems I can write about them but not make them today.

Decisions

Definitely

Maybe

Slowly

Quickly

Life flashing by
Information hits me
Coming from all angles
Blink and you'll miss it

Up

Down

In

Out

Don't know what to do
Information overload
There's a need to filter
But scared to miss out

Today

Tomorrow

Me

You

Decisions decisions
Choices abound
Reasons for this
Reasons for that

Yes

No

Left

Right

Is it a good idea?
Or is it a bad?
Too many choices
Drives me mad

Forward

Back

Inside

Out

Life and death
Worries made worse
Easier ones
Are still a curse

Jeans

Skirt

Meat

Vegetarian

Responsibility runs through almost all
A heavy weight to bear
At the same time
I can't always care

Black

White

Or those that come in shades of gray

More

Less

They won't ever go away







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails