Saturday 24 September 2011

Dreams

One of my new 101 in 1001 goals is to start a dream journal.  I'll probably start an offline one either in a word document or in a notebook but I thought I would blog a little about three of the dreams I had last night.  I frequently remember my dreams which seem to be very detailed and often a little surreal.  I blame my medication for that, especially the baclofen.  Although that said even pre-baclofen I would remember them.

In the first dream I was at Center Parcs.  Specifically the Longleat one.  I can't remember very much about what we were doing there or who I was with just that we were there and there was swimming involved.  And we were in the main plaza bit of the dome too. I don't remember what we were doing in the plaza.

That dream makes sense because I was talking about the Longleat Center Parcs yesterday with a couple of people yesterday as one of them has just come back.

Then I dreamt that I was in hospital for something.  Maybe an operation? I was inpatient anyway, not out patient. It was the hospital I went to growing up but very different.  It was quite a fleeting dream.

I've had several similar and more detailed dreams about being at that hospital in the past few weeks. Including one where it had a full size shopping mall there with a swimming pool and I bumped into one of my friends from Stoke and we then chased round the hospital doing stuff and hiding from my physio because I wasn't supposed to be there that day but had snuck up for a look around the new bits.

Interestingly the hospital I went to up until I was 16 really is very different now.  There's a bit there that wasn't before which houses all the disability type services (which is where I've been going for my treatment) and a lot of other new buildings as well as bits knocked down..  The main building which I always used to visit has changed very obviously from the outside and I'm told on the inside although I've not been over there in years. It intrigues me.  Oh and I did see a GP yesterday to get my Sertraline reauthorised (not my GP as she wasn't available but as it was a paper exercise I figured it was OK. Which may have been a mistake) and we were talking about the treatment I've just had on my legs.  So again it's obvious where bits of it come from but not all.

The final dream that I remember having last night took place I think at my parents old house.  I was wandering around completely naked (I often have dreams in which I'm naked or at least wandering around without a top on) and I think I was supposed to be getting ready for something but I wasn't really doing anything just killing time.

Then a friend turned up as she wanted to show me the clothes she'd worn when she'd been in hospital in case they were any use to me for sailing (said friend has recently been in hospital but I doubt she even owns clothes like that let alone wore them in hospital).

I went into my bedroom to get dressed but again didn't manage it.  The bedroom was my one up until I went to uni (when I changed to the smaller bedroom my sister had, my brother had my room and my sister moved into what was my brother's room) but it was the yellow blue and red decoration it had for most of my childhood until I was 15 or so and not the more neutral colours it was from then until I went to uni.

Then I went back into the room with my friend, still naked.  She was hugging me really tight for ages as I'd done something that she wanted to thank me for. Some of her family turned up and I was embarrassed because we've not met and what if they thought something was going on? Then she was in the garden running around kicking a football (an amazing feat given she's a wheelchair user in real life) and I was again supposed to be getting dressed.

Oh and sitting here typing this I've just remembered that I had a 4th dream which was something about a bomb and scuba diving and being away somewhere looking for treasure or dealing with a shipwreck we'd just discovered from long ago.  I don't remember much of it.

The weirdest dream I've had lately was several weeks ago however.  I was in the bathroom in the house I grew up in (the same house as mentioned above) about to have a shower.  I was sitting in the shower in my powerchair when I suddenly realised what I was doing.  I figured it would probably be OK to shower sat in it but I had a bit of a question mark over what if something went wrong and realised that I'd have to call my mum round if showering in it did fuck up the electrics and she'd absolutely kill me.  The shower at that house was over the bath.  So I used the kerb-climber to get my chair over the side of the bath and onto the ground and then I somehow got myself back into the shower without using my bath board (because it didn't exist in the dream for some reason).

The strange things here are in reality I would never even consider showering in either of my chairs but if I had to use one to do so I'd never use my powerchair because it would more than likely kill it off.  Plus I never even had a powerchair or had considered having one until I was 22 - years after I lived there.  And my kerbclimber won't get me up a kerb more than an inch or two high, it'd never get me over the side of a bath let alone really easily and without mishap.

So there we have it. An interesting look into my psyche as revealed by my dreams.  I'll understand if you now think I'm weird and never plan to return to my blog again. Hell, I think I'm weird after those dreams!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails