Wednesday 27 July 2011

A Few Days On

Not quite a week since I had the botox (tomorrow will be a week) and I think my ankles may be a little looser.  This is a very good thing.  It's about the right timescale too as the physio said it takes 7 - 10 days to kick in.  I'm not 100% sure that's the case, I need to get a second opinion from my dad, but it's looking good.

The first lot of casts go on on Monday.  I'm feeling a lot calmer about that now but it's still going to be very different and possibly difficult.  I'm just hopeful I get a good result out of this.  As I've said to a lot of people this is going to be a long process. It shouldn't, however, be painful which is another very good thing.

Once I've been on Monday I really ought to start sorting out a social services referral as when I've got my splints I'll need carers to help me get them on everyday.  I want to find out what timescale is involved first (e.g. immediately after the casts come off or if there will be a delay before I see an orthotist, if indeed, I need to see an orthotist but I can't imagine I don't) and also if these will be day or night splints. The prospect of carers again stresses me out.

I think the problem is that Oxfordshire Social Services provision being what it is I believe it highly unlikely I'll get anything other than 15 minutes a day to help with splints and all the other things I've been struggling with and just about managing and even not doing since my funding was cut in 2007 will be left.  My previous experience of agency carers is that there are a lot of niggles involved and the level of funding I'm likely to get would mean a direct payment is impossible because no one is going to work 15 mins a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

guess it depends on time you want to get up too... if it's workable round a responsible 6th former/2 they may well be happy with 15 mins of extra money. so sorry about this monday, SOON x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails