Wednesday 22 June 2011

Books With Disabled Characters (Part 3) #disability #amreading #books

Part 3 of my not conclusive list of books which feature disabled characters.  I haven't read all these books so the fact they are in this list doesn't make for a recommendation.

41. Zoo Station by David Downing
42. A Prayer for Owen Meaney by John Irving
43. Trials for the Chalet School by Elinor M Brent Dyer
44. My Precious Bane
45. The Ship Who Searched Anne McCaffrey
46. Hotel World
47. Tell Me How The Wind Sounds
48. Izzy, Willy Nilly by Cynthia Voigt
49. The Rapture by Liz Jensen
50. Making Out Series by KA Applegate
51. An Equal Music by Vikram Seth
52. The Illustrated Mum by Jacqueline Wilson
53. Angel Blood by John Singleton
54. The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon
55. The Burning Wire by Jeffery Deaver
56. The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
57. House Rules by Jodi Picoult
58. Deaf Sentence by David Lodge
59. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
60. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell

I have read: Zoo Station, A Prayer for Owen Meaney, Trials for the Chalet School, House Rules and My Sister's Keeper.  Of those I only picked one specifically because of it's disability aspect.  The others either were recommended for other reasons, caught my eye or are by authors I like.

The Wasp Factory is on my to be read pile.  I bought it because it was on a list I'm picking books off of; I didn't know it had a disability aspect.  The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet is also on my to be read pile as Dave Hingsburger recommended it and plans to run a disability book club on it.  He cautions that it's a difficult read in places but despite that it looks good to me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails