Tuesday 24 May 2011

Quotations

I've always loved quotes.  I've loved them for as long as I can remember.  And on and off since I was 13 or 14 I've kept journals of quotes.  At the moment I've not got a quotes book on the go and haven't for a long time.  It's something I really want to start again however.  I love the moment when I read something and it just clicks, calls to me even and means something to me.  It might be that it makes me laugh, it might make me think, it might sum up what I want to say or how I'm feeling or it might fit a particular situation.  And sometimes I just add a quote because I like it and want to remember it.

Yesterday and today I've seen quotes that fit the apt and I want to remember them categories.  One was whilst looking at the beginning of a book to see if I want to read it (answer yes but not yet) and the other was when I clicked a link on twitter, ended up on an interesting looking site and found a quotes page on it.

In lieu of a quotes book I thought I would share them here.  Actually, make that three quotes because I just googled one to find out more about it and found another on a quotes page.

"The only things that stand between a person and what they want in life are the will to try it and the faith to believe it's possible." - Rich DeVos

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

"In life, the microphone passes your lips but once... you had better be ready to sing." - David Foster

Worthwhile reminders for me at this point in time and otherwise just lovely words.  I hope other people reading this will find them as useful as I am.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails