Saturday 30 April 2011

Melting Pot of Links

It has come to my attention that I haven't updated my blog in a very long time.  I have a lot to say! I also have to shower, change and eat in the next hour and three quarters. Doable but adding in a long catch up blog would be the straw that broke the camel's back as they say.  So this is just basically to say that I'm still alive and doing well.  I'll update tomorrow for Blogging Against Disablism Day and try to find the time to write a general update too.

For now however a few links I've found interesting lately.  These are a real mixture.

Make Change.  A very powerful post from Corey about depression.  She makes some very good points and I don't think I could have written them as well as she did.

Tina Fey's Prayer for a Daughter.  OK so I don't have kids and I am a very long way from ever having kids but this seriously made me smile and laugh.

T Mobile's take on The Royal Wedding.  I laughed so much the first time I saw this.  Who wouldn't have absolutely loved it if they'd actually done that?!

Cheap Flights.  This song by Fascinating Aida has been doing the rounds on facebook for a while so you might have already seen it but just in case.  I listened to a couple of their other songs on You Tube and they rock as well.

Kirstie's posts on Benefits and The Glass is Now Empty are tough reading but an honest account of how hard life with a disability and unable to work can be.

Who is the most deserving? by Sue Marsh will make you think.  I was a bit disappointed it didn't included any life long disabled people but it's still a powerful post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails