Monday 6 December 2010

101 in 1001 - Item 28...

Make a continued effort to become a writer

...has been completed!

OK so this is one I could probably have ticked off some weeks ago when my Disability Now article was published but I wanted that to have it's own entry.  So I decided to work on NaNoWriMo this year and then tick it off after that.  It's also an apt time to do because my creative writing course has finished and I've decided not to continue it (for now at least).

I think becoming a writer or being a writer isn't something you ever stop but more of an ongoing process.  Writing is definitely more about the journey than the destination - although we do all want to get published, you don't stop being a writer once you are published once but continue on the journey to write other things, get better at writing and get other work out there for all to see.

I'm definitely spending more time and writing more consistently than I used to though and that's definitely worth ticking this off as an achievement before.  Blogging has suffered lately but is something I'll be diving back into full force in the next few weeks as I have several things I want to blog about.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails