Friday 19 November 2010

Christmas comes but once a year

So early today I was lying on my bed reading a book.  I went to see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 tonight (which was really good, I loved it) and I wanted to get some chair free time right before going out as my legs have been very tight and spasmy lately.  It didn't seem to help but hey they might have been worse if I'd not done it.  Plus, I'm reading a really good book.

Anyway, I was reading and I was wondering if the guy had written more, thinking about when and what I was having for dinner (6pm film not conductive for an easy dinner!).  Snuggled under my duvet both for comfort and for warmth.

Then an ice cream van came up the road.

Now, I do live in area where there are loads of young kids so the ice cream comes a lot.  But I don't think it's been here for a while.  And it's the 19th of November.  Whilst it was a little warmer today than yesterday I was surprised to see and hear it but didn't think too much of it.

Until the music started playing again and I realised just what is was.

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

I know that shops and everywhere are getting very into the Christmas thing now because it IS the only time of year they can but that's just weird.


There is something very, very wrong about an ice cream van announcing it's presence with a Christmas Carol.


And that's now two days and two bizarre things.  I must admit I'm wondering what the third bizarre thing will be!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails