Friday 27 August 2010

101 in 1001 - Item 35...

Try to have one day a week where I don’t eat in front of the computer for three months.

...has been completed!

This one has been relatively easy once I got into it.  Although I do have to admit that there was at least one day where I planned to have my day "off" if you will and ate a snack in front on my computer without thinking about it.  So I had to do the next day too.  And some days have been easier then others - today was easy as I was out for lunch with a friend and had tea at my parents house.  Days when I've been just at home or have been a bit depressed haven't been so easy because I tend to live on my computer on those days.  Especially when I'm down.

And although this goal was worded as "try" I've actually managed every week between 23rd May and today.  I think it does stop me snacking as much but I'm not sure it makes me more aware of what I'm eating which I'd hoped it would.  But, given that I was almost always watching TV or reading whilst eating instead it probably wasn't a fair go at that.  Perhaps I should set a goal of "don't do anything else whilst eating" for a couple of weeks.  It's certainly something I've been wondering about although I haven't made a decision yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails