I've been doing a lot of work on my novel. I don't have a lot to show for it in terms of words but I've made a lot of progress in other ways.
- I made a list of all the scenes I have and all the ones I need to write still
- I then used post its to work out what goes where and how it should work.
- Got a lot of feedback on the start of the novel
- Worked out that the end I have in mind really doesn't work
- Came up with several ideas for what might work and other twists
- Done some necessary research
I've just started trying to write a new intro from the perspective of a different character because I started wondering if I'm writing from the wrong perspective. The other thing I've been wondering about is using the MC I have now but turning it from a male character to a female based on all the feedback I've had saying it reads like a woman. I plan to write an intro like that as well and see what I like.
Regardless I think it's very likely that I'll be going back to the beginning and starting again. A lot of the stuff I've already got I've gone back to and thought it needs a lot of editing. So with everything I've not written and everything I've got that needs pretty much total rewrites there's not much left that just needs an edit. And I'm planning to start afresh so it can be consistent.
In the last two days I've done two book reviews and also two guest blogs. None of those are live online at the moment, I'll post links when they are.
Finally, my friend Jo has started her own blog today called Not Quite Upwrite. Just in case it wasn't obvious, she's a writer as well.