Monday 1 March 2010

101 in 1001 - Item 12...

Go to bed before midnight every night for a month

...has been completed!

It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.  Sure there were a few days when before midnight meant the light went out at ten to or five to but a lot of the time I managed it by twenty to midnight or even earlier.  And even one night where I went to bed at five.  But that was because I had a migraine so it doesn't count!  By 11.30 is what I've been aiming for lately

It's done me a lot of good.  I like being in a routine again and having a bed time.  I'm definitely getting a lot more sleep and feeling a lot better for it.  I've also been noticing that I'm not as tired in the day as often and that I seem to be waking before my alarm as a common occurrence lately.  The only down side is having to get up in the night and leave my nice warm bed to go to the loo on more nights than my usual once in a while.  It's slightly bizarre to wake from a solid sleep, get up for the loo and glance at the clock when I go past to realise that previously I would have only just gone to bed.

I don't think I would stick to this bed before midnight thing as a hard and fast rule from now on.  But it is definitely something I want to keep up as far as possible.  It started as my just wanting to be able to see if it made a difference and not thinking it would.  Mostly I just wanted to be able to tick something else off of my 101 in 1001 but it quickly became clear that I liked it.  And that it was good for me.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Well done Emma. That sounds like quite a challenge (I'm sure I'd never be able to manage that for a month!), but I'm glad to hear that you've found it helpful.

Moll x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails