Thursday 4 February 2010

Save DLA - A Response

I blogged several times last year about the Save DLA campaign.  As a part of that a petition was put on the official website of the Prime Minister.  And 23,707 people signed it.

I received an e-mail a few minutes ago with a link to the official response to the petition.

It's not a fantastic response.  In fact it strikes me a bit as one of those responses that doesn't really address the point being made.  But a hell of a lot of people spoke out and had their voice and their opinion heard.  And there was a response.

I had thought that I'd heard a few weeks before the end of the Save DLA campaign that DLA was definitely safe for people under 65 (although no mention was made of those claimants over 65 or those claiming attendance allowance - which is basically DLA for people who are over 65 at the time of their claim).  The response confirms this although personally I'm not sure that I believe that is a definite definite if you know what I mean.

The response is posted here.  I'd be interested to know what people think about it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails