Monday 15 February 2010

Catching up, yet again

It seems like every time I come here I have several days of things I catch up on.  So here goes. I'd promise to make more of an effort to remain up to date but I think we all know that's unlikely ;-)

On Friday I did a couple more squares for my probably going to be a very small blanket.  Really liking how the colours are coming out in those yarns (think I've said that every time I've mentioned the squares!).

Saturday I spent the afternoon with my sister and we did some baking - well, mostly she baked and I did bits to help, weighing some of the stuff, a touch of mixing.  Bread, flap jacks and Granny Boyd's biscuits - a chocolate biscuit recipe form a Nigella cook book.  Those biscuits are yummy, I finished off my ones of those after lunch today.

Yesterday I created reminders of my weightloss goals and what I'm trying to do.  Mostly post its with a few inspirational quotes on dotted about the flat but also I did an image for my computer too.  That one says "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step"

I also tried to create some smiles by sending messages to a few online friends who I rarely speak to but who are having a tough time right now.

I do kind of feel like I was reaching a little by considering yesterdays things as things if you know what I mean.  but mostly I was pleased with them,

Today I've written another poem.  Really glad I'm back writing semi regularly again.

This is called Another Pointless Poem

Always planning that today I will write
Not getting round to it
Often enough
Then loving it when I do
Here I sit with the urge to write
Even though I feel I have nothing to say
Regrets aren't worth it, so I write anyway

Perhaps something will come from this
Or perhaps it will just be words on a screen
In either case
Nothing is worse then a writer not writing
That being a sin I commit too often
Let tonight be the night I get back into it
Emma is a writer who writes again
So here I sit
Spewing out words

Pointless perhaps
Ordinary not Original
Ending all to soon
My poem, all the same.

Posted via email from thing-a-day 2010

2 comments:

Molly said...

I do always read even if I don't always comment Emma. Sounds like you've been doing really well with your Thing A Day Project :D

Moll x x

CP social said...

Dear Emma
There is a new CP website www.CerebralPalsySocial.org and I suspect you will probably want to know about it. It’s for people who cope with cerebral palsy directly or indirectly, on a daily basis.

So what can I say about it. It pays to have a look because you’ll see we’ve taken our first steps and now want to increase membership to make it more useful for all who use it.

You are invited to open a blog, use the bookmark function, start polling, open a group or join an existing group, connect your Twitter or FriendFeed to your profile, and the options are growing all the time. Most of all, you can stay in touch with your friends and make new ones!

So, stay well and stay in touch.

The CerebralPalsySocial.org team

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails