Sunday 27 December 2009

101 in 1001 - Item 33...

Read 100 books in a year

...has been completed!

I finished my 100th book of the year last night which was The Silver Chair by CS Lewis (One of the Chronicles of Narnia).

That's a goal I've been trying to achieve since I first started tracking my reading in 2007. In 2007 I read 93 books and last year I read 72. I was a part of the 100 books club but that appears to now be defunct. I had achieved the pages goal (25,000 pages or 100 books is the goal) but never the books one and I wanted too! So when I wrote my new 101 in 1001 list (which isn't new any more, really being more than a year old) I put it on there.

I'm really pleased. And I'll update the books list on here later but I don't have time now.

My dad said he thinks I get my reading love from him but it's been magnified about fifty times in me, LOL.

2 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

That is so cool. I am a lover of books, but in the last few years my time is spent in other pursuits (writing) yet I know that I can only be a good writer by being a good reader. I love your goal, I think I will try it in 2011. My love of reading did come from my parent. Mom read to me from as early as I can remember. She BELIEVED that it was important. I KNOW it served me well in all my studies. Congratulations!

Molly said...

Yay, well done :D I used to love reading novels, but can't at the moment due to the ME affecting my concentration and memory. It's so frustrating, but I'm positive I'll be able to read novels again in the future, I just don't know when. Sorry for the moan, congratulations on acheiving your goal :D

Moll x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails