Tuesday 15 September 2009

Day 1

So many people who are reading this are going to think I'm just saying this and don't actually mean it. Especially with my track record. But here it is.

I'm trying to lose weight again. Or rather, not trying but going to do it this time. Starting today.

And I've already had cereal and a smoothie for breakfast this morning. I never normally eat breakfast so that's gotta be a good start, right? Or at least the nurse keeps going on at me about how I should eat breakfast. Anyway I'm hoping to eat breakfast everyday and cut down on my snacking as well as my portion size of my lunch as a result. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a bowl of cereal and a smoothie but we shall see.

I also think that cutting down on my eating and controling things a bit better will do a lot for my finances and making my benefits go as far as they should (finances are hard!). In June my local authority moved to a new rubbish collection system where food waste is collected separately and I've been really shocked at separating it out and seeing how much food I do throw away just because I plan and buy and then don't actually use it on a consistant basis.

I've gotten a bit better at things like that since I started noticing it more but I know I still have a long way to go with using food more responsibly. Both in terms of my eating and my weight but also in terms of wastage too.

I've decided that I'm going to take part in the Healthy You challenge over at Scale Junkie every Tuesday as a method of support.

5 comments:

Soph said...

I started yesterday :-) we'll soon be much healthier x

Heather said...

We are movng to the new food collection thing too in about three weeks. Hows it working out?
Good luck with the diet x

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I think if you're determined, you can do anything!

Mary said...

Oh don't worry about starting 'again'!! As my girlfriend puts it, you can't fail if you don't stop trying. Hang in there! We'll be around! :)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hey! Welcome to the HYC! Good to see you again. And I think you'll find that cereal and a smoothie in the morning can make a BIG difference. Keep making healthy choices.

Love your pretty new blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails