Monday 31 August 2009

101 in 1001 v1

51 goals completed in 1001 days!

This is the list that started it all (for me anyway). It ran from March 2006 to December 2008. It was brilliant fun and I completed approximately half of the goals. Several others I tried and failed.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
My Deadline Is: Sunday, December 14, 2008

1.Sleep >8 hours a night for a fortnight, consecutively
2. Learn not to take on so much, and to fulfil what I promise.
3. Be in bed before midnight every night for a week
4. Start tracking my finances rather than just keeping a vague idea
5. Clear out my wardrobe
6. Write my book
7. Clear off my computer desk and leave it that way for a month
8. Work with kids who have CP and other disabilities and their parents
9. Learn Italian
10. Do positional stretches everyday for six weeks
11. Take every med and supplement I am supposed to daily for six weeks(completed 12.02.07)
12. Lose the rest of the weight (35lb) and then remain within 5lb of my target
13. Complete NaNoWriMo again
14. Swim 100km over the course of these 1001 days
15. Learn CSS
16. Complete the 101 stories challenge
17. Complete the 101 poems challenge
18. Take up the railways society’s invite to visit their museum (because I helped them with access questions)
19. Eat breakfast everyday for a month
20. Meet my American friends
21. Go visit Maryse in Germany
22. Go to Madrid
23. Take some time out by myself to replenish my soul
24. Do the Maize Maze @ Millets
25. Go parapenting again
26. Join the gym
27. Have a picnic in a park and spend the whole day there
28. Feed some ducks
29. Go at least 72 hours without using a computer.
30. Finish unpacking from when I left uni
31. Revisit childhood memories – go to the races at Newbury
32. Sell unwanted stuff on ebay or give to charity

33. Join a book club
34. apply to be a reader-book reviewer for New Woman (done 22/03/06)
35. Get up early and out of the house straight away every day for a month
36. Dye my hair a sensible colour and keep it like that for four months.
37. See the Lion King musical
38. Go at least one day without saying anything negative about myself or anyone else.
39. Speak my mind more but do it in a non-hurtful way
40. Go to the beach on a winters day
41. Give blood (if eligible – currently not)
42. Do something nice and unexpected for a stranger
43. Photograph 1 view in all 4 seasons (0/4)
44. Do something in public I’d normally be scared to do.

45. Sit outside and watch the sunrise
46. Go speed dating
47. Read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
48. Attend a Star Trek convention
49. Back up my computer at least every other week
50. Go an entire week without using my electric wheelchair (a week when I’m at CAB some days)
51. Put aside my guilt
52. Start and finish a cross-stitch
53. Go to the Halfway Inn
54. Join a writers group
55. Get a tattoo
56. Write a magazine article and have it published (DN is a possibility)
57. Give £5 to a beggar or big issue seller I like the look of.
58. Go to the Lake District.
59. Visit a sealife centre
60. Train to be an access auditor
61. Do a creative writing course
62. Relearn touch typing with the right fingers on the right keys.
63. Get into the habit of hanging up laundry after doing it rather than using the “floordrobe”
64. Send a surprise present to a friend, anonymously
65. Spend a whole day in silence
66. Take more photos
67. Scrapbook my photos from last year.
68. Complete my planned favourite writings project
69. Learn how to create fonts and make my own
70. Accept my failings and weaknesses
71. Control my temper more
72. Start horse riding again
73. Make my website everything I want it to be and more.
74. Visit New York
75. Go back to Australia
76. Go to a concert
77. Get a massage
78. Complete the Race for Life
79. Attempt to knit a scarf
80. Finish reading all the books on my “to read” list
81. Go crabbing again
82. Fly a kite
83. Walk in the rain with no particular place to go
84. Make a beaded bracelet
85. Do all the touristy things there are to do in Oxford.
86. Visit Liverpool
87. Go camping
88. Make Pizza from scratch (base as well)
89. Learn to accept a compliment graciously
90. Wear more glitter.
91. Accept certain inalienable truths
92. Treat myself to a bunch of flowers
93. Drink a glass of water before I eat any meal for a month.
94. Have my hair braided.
95. Leave comments on the blogs of a few famous people I admire
96. Write three letters of complaint for poor service (3/3)
97. Write three letters praising good service
98. Have a date night once a month with myself for 6 months.
99. Flirt more.
100. Go seven days without eating meat.
101. On Day 1001, publish a new 101 Things in 1001 Days list.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails