Friday 31 July 2009

Planning a redesign

I've switched my layout back to an old theme I had on last year (I think it was at least).  I love the primepress theme especially the rotating header function but having had that on since August or September (I think September) last year it was definitely time for a change.

I'm actually working on a customised theme for myself.  Probably Kubrick because that's what I usually customise and it's easy.  Plus I mostly know what I'm doing with that which is always a good thing.  Don't want to be making my blog blow up and stop working again.  Doing that once was definitely more than enough.  In my defence though it was the very first time I ever tried to customise the look of the blog and it was about five days after I set the damn thing up.

Anyway... It's proving to be more complicated than I first expected.  Mostly because I keep changing my mind about what I want.  If there's one thing I'm good at it's being indecisive.  And something I suck at is making decisions.  Working on that, too.  Also every time I see a premade free theme I like I keep thinking  "well  I like it but it would be better like this..."

One thing I was wondering however was if there is any thing anyone who reads this thinks I need to add to my blog designwise.  Because I must admit that one or two blogs I read I think things like "wow she needs to add a home link" or "they write such long posts they could do with a back to the top link" etc.  And then I got to wondering what my readers think.

I won't tell you what I'm thinking about for my redesign.  Just that I'm thinking of something with COLOUR!

3 comments:

Shiloh said...

One thing I've always liked on a blog, and am *still* trying to figure out with the way I've set mine up, is the search feature.

Nick said...

Im the same way being a libra i can never make a decision , everything has to be balanced and i obsess over small choices. I think you should add somethign on the sides of the page make it less bland i like the flowers though :)

Nick said...

Im loving the new design very cool

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails