Tuesday 28 July 2009

101 in 1001 - Item Two...

Read the first Swallows and Amazons book and the rest if they’re any good



...has been completed!

Or at least close enough that I'm calling it done.  I bought the first two with gift vouchers in the January sales and after picking up and putting down Swallows and Amazons several times I finally read all of it last week.

I was hooked.  I've since read the second one and requested the next three on Read It Swap It.  I think these are brilliant books.  I was almost surprised how much I enjoyed them.

But then I love to sail and I also love girls own books.  Technically these books can't be called Girls Own (I think) and as a girl myself I don't want to call them Boys Own.  They are certainly books in that sort of genre though so it's not surprising I enjoyed them as much as I did.  Although I do wish I could find a way of defining them and or definitions online of Girls Own and Boys Own books to make it easier.  Alas, I can't.

The only reason I've not requested the whole lot of the ones I've not read is just in case they suddenly turn crap.  I got badly burned with the whole "Five Children and It" trilogy incident and have no desire to repeat that!

I would write more about these books etc but it's time I got ready to go for a sail of my own.

Swallows and Amazons Forever!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails