Thursday 5 March 2009

Wants vs Needs

Originally written 2nd July 2008
Wants vs Needs

Sweet. Salty.
Sugar.  Honey.
Laughing.
Crying.
It’s not
Funny.


Spicy. Plain.
Feeling that
It’s all
The same.


Time for
you
Time for
them
Time for
him
Time for
her


No time
for me
No time
to be
Not feeling
free


A change
as good
as a rest?


do I need a change
do I need a rest
not quite sure
which would be best


Time for me
Time to be
Feel free


Different is good
Different is fun
Different is different


Needs and wants
different
yet the same.


I need a change
I want a change
I need things
to stop
being the same
always
and I want
things
to stop
always
being
the same.


A change
may be
as good as
“a rest”


Well.
not for me.
I’m greedy
I want both.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails