Saturday 7 March 2009

Atlantic Sailing

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't  do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbour.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore. Dream. Discover"


~ Mark Twain ~



In Septermber 2007, Geoff Holt sailed a Challenger Trimaran around the cost of the UK, solo with just a ground crew for support.  I didn't follow his journey because I only heard of it in passing towards the end.  But a Challenger is what I sail and so the idea really interested me.

I just got an e-mail today that the website for his next challenge has gone live.   In December 2009 he intends to become the first Quadraplegic person to sail the Atlantic without assistance in the sailing. 

The websites are GeoffHolt.com and PersonalAtlantic.com and I'll be following the blog about this project.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails