Tuesday 3 February 2009

Thing a Day 2009 - Day Three: Knitted Bookmark

I was in the mood to knit a bracelet for my project today.  But I couldn't find the stuff I wanted to knit with.  The other project I had in mind was a bookmark but I didn't feel like doing papercrafts tonight.  And I did want to knit.  Hence, knitted bookmark.

Basically find a remnant of yarn (this is leftover from a scarf I knitted last year).  And a pair of needles.  Cast on six stitches and knit until it looks long enough - I held it up against a book a couple of times to check.  Cast off.  I had the two yarn ends tied together and may add a bead for decoration if I have one big enough to go on there.

[caption id="attachment_1411" align="alignnone" width="450" caption="Knitted bookmark on top of a book. It's a self stripping yarn (Paton's Symphony) in blue, yellow and red with hints of purple. It's pretty much come out with the blue all but uniformly down one side, the red down the other and the yellow in the middle which surprised me."]Knitted bookmark on top of a book.  It's a self stripping yarn (Paton's Symphony) in blue, yellow and red with hints of purple.  It's pretty much come out with the blue all but uniformly down one side, the red down the other and the yellow in the middle which surprised me.[/caption]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails