Wednesday 4 February 2009

Thing a Day 2009 - Day 4: Roast Chicken and Roasted Veg

[caption id="attachment_1416" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="Chicken and Roasted Veg"]Chicken and Roasted Veg[/caption]

This is one of my absolute favourite meals but one I rarely make.  

I roughly chopped half an orange pepper (I usually have red but they didn't have any), some potatoes and some mushrooms.  Put in a pan with some olive oil and garlic granules then placed a chicken on top and roasted the lot in the one pan.  I know some people baste etc but I pretty much put it in the oven and apart from looking impatiently several times to see how much longer on the timer that's all I do till the tinger goes.

Yummy.

And for the days when the chopping etc is too much Sainsburys frozen sliced mushrooms and frozen mixed peppers do almost as good a job.  Seriously cheaper as well.

2 comments:

Sophinda said...

looks delish, and a nice portion of chicken there too x

Cindy said...

Looks great Emma! I like to make the roasted veggies with the olive oil and garlic but I also add basil, cut up sweet potatoes and baking potatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions,and bake in a very hot oven, but I have never done the chicken on top. I will definitly have to try that. Thanks for the recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails