Sunday 14 December 2008

101 in 1001- COMPLETE

Today is day 1001 and the project is complete.

Over the course of the project I completed 51 of the 101 goals!  Which I am beyond pleased with.  

I know that a lot of people go into this determined to complete every goal.  And that would have been nice.  But I set myself goals that would stretch me, be fun, be impossible, form habits and be things I've always wanted to do.  I knew going in that realistically completing them all would not be something that happened.

The following is the list of the goals which were completed.  Several others I tried and failed.  Those I haven't marked but may do with the next phase.

2. Learn not to take on so much, and to fulfil what I promise.


3 Be in bed before midnight every night for a week




4. Start tracking my finances rather than just keeping a vague idea



5. Clear out my wardrobe

11. Take every med and supplement I am supposed to daily for six weeks(completed 12.02.07)


13. Complete NaNoWriMo again


22. Go to Madrid




23. Take some time out by myself to replenish my soul

26. Join the gym


29. Go at least 72 hours without using a computer.




30. Finish unpacking from when I left uni



31. Revisit childhood memories - go to the races at Newbury



32. Sell unwanted stuff on ebay or give to charity



34. apply to be a reader-book reviewer for New Woman (done 22/03/06)

36. Dye my hair a sensible colour and keep it like that for four months.




37. See the Lion King musical



38. Go at least one day without saying anything negative about myself or anyone else.

42. Do something nice and unexpected for a stranger


44. Do something in public I’d normally be scared to do.





45. Sit outside and watch the sunrise

47. Read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


49. Back up my computer at least every other week


51. Put aside my guilt




52. Start and finish a cross-stitch

54. Join a writers group




55. Get a tattoo



56. Write a magazine article and have it published (DN is a possibility)

 




57. Give £5 to a beggar or big issue seller I like the look of.

59. Visit a sealife centre


61. Do a creative writing course




62. Relearn touch typing with the right fingers on the right keys.

66. Take more photos


68. Complete my planned favourite writings project


70. Accept my failings and weaknesses


73. Make my website everything I want it to be and more.


76. Go to a concert




77. Get a massage



78. Complete the Race for Life



79. Attempt to knit a scarf



80. Finish reading all the books on my “to read” list


83. Walk in the rain with no particular place to go
84. Make a beaded bracelet

86. Visit Liverpool


88. Make Pizza from scratch (base as well)




89. Learn to accept a compliment graciously



90. Wear more glitter.



91. Accept certain inalienable truths



92. Treat myself to a bunch of flowers

95. Leave comments on the blogs of a few famous people I admire




96. Write three letters of complaint for poor service (3/3)

99. Flirt more.



101. On Day 1001, publish a new 101 Things in 1001 

The full and complete list has been moved and can now be found here.

3 comments:

Ricky said...

Glad you completed most of your goals. I would find a few difficult for me. Now that I'm so heavy into the internet I can't imagine going cold turkey for 3 days. Yeah, I'm seriously addicted.

TigerTom said...

Reading your list makes me feel tired. Any room for rest and relaxation in there i.e. doing nothing much of anything? Ah, I see, No. 2 and 3. Good. People get too worked up about going full tilt, without asking _why_, occasionally.

elizabeth said...

I am really happy that you achieved so many goals and that you are still going on setting more. Thank you also for your weekly kindness to me.


Go Emma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails