Wednesday 26 November 2008

I am - Guest Post for the Carnival from Ricky

If you read my comments threads you will see frequent comments from a guy called Ricky.  He wanted to share the following for the next DBC (which will be up here tomorrow).  The theme is I Am (and I will make sure he receives/sees any feedback)


I would offer something along the lines of I am more than I appear. That would sort of tie in to the entry about that rather ignorant person who thinks you should have a "proper life". The one thing that has become a motto for me is a quote from writer Mercedes Lackey that goes; "There is no one true way." It's a bit philosophy I've adopted because my life has not followed the usual path of able bodied people.



Because of my spina bifida it's taken me down a diffrent path that I've come to embrace.


[*The rather ignorant person comment relates to this entry of mine]

2 comments:

Ricky said...

Thanks Emma.

“I Am” Hosting the 50th Disability Blog Carnival! – The Life and Times of Emma said...

[...] Next we come to something which I think is a first for the Disability Blog Carnival.  Ricky regularly leaves comments on my blog (and maybe some of yours, I don’t know) but doesn’t have a blog of his own.  I have attempted to convince him to set one up but he prefers not to.  So I have posted the comments Ricky wanted to contribute to the carnival in a separate entry on my own blog and you can read them here. [...]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails