Wednesday 18 June 2008

Straw Poll

Quick straw poll here:

I went to a pub tonight and it didn't have a disabled loo.  As a result things weren't easy for me (as you can probably imagine) and I ended up calling my Dad to come get me earlier than I otherwise would have.  By the time he got there things were winding down BUT I would have stayed till the end otherwise.

So anyway, when I asked the guy running the place where the loo was he told me he could help me into the building to the ladies (we were outside and it was grassy and steep) but there was no disabled.  He quickly went on to add "we're getting that put in next month."

One of the others commented that it's good they are getting one in; I'm just a month too early.  I said I'd believe it when I see it.  Obviously, I should give the guy the benefit of the doubt but I've been to too many places, too many people, too many times and heard the "next month" line only to return in the future and find nothings changed.

Am I the only one that finds that "We're getting it done next month" just a little bit too convenient for comfort?

1 comment:

Penelope said...

I always tend to assume that "next month" means "when we feel like it, aka not anytime soon" when it comes to things like disabled loos. The only one where I've actually believed it was one where it was a brand new pub and they had the room for the disable loo there, it just wasn't completely finished. Luckily, the regular ladies loo didn't have any steps as well so I could make do with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails