Sunday 22 June 2008

The Friendly Book Nook's Summer Reading Extravaganza

I just discovered a new to me blog, The Friendly Book Nook. I can see me losing a lot of time there in the near future reading some of the stuff they have there.   It's all about books and reading and well, if you've been reading my blogs for a while you'll know just how appropriate that is for me.

Between 23rd - 27th June or tomorrow and Friday if like me you're having trouble remembering the date at present (usually due to me seeing the date and then having a moment of "how is it JUNE?!  Where is this year GOING?") they are having a really cool competition with some real live actual prizes and ones that seem really cool at that.

The full details of The Friendly Book Nook's Summer Reading Extravaganza as they are calling it are here.  But for the basic short version as far as I understand it: they will post a topic on their blog each day if you want you post about it (your thoughts etc) on your blog.  Kind of like we do with the disability (and other) blog carnivals and the themes.

And although I know the prizes and the idea of winning isn't the be all and end all (or at least it isn't for me).  Here's what they have to say about how to be eligible to win one of these prizes:

For bloggers:
1) Post a message on your blog inviting your readers to join in the Summer Reading Extravaganza. (required)
2) Participate in the Summer Reading Extravaganza. For each day you participate, you will receive an entry!
3) For a bonus entry, write a wrap-up post at the end of the week linking to your favorite posts from the week.
4) Add the button to your sidebar for another bonus entry!

For non-bloggers:
1) Participate by leaving comments on participants blogs. For each comment you will receive an entry.
2) Send an email at the end of the week to thefriendlybooknook AT gmail DOT com with links to the posts you commented on.

2 comments:

amy said...

Thanks for blogging this Emma! I just discovered your blog now, and it's lovely! :)

Alison said...

Dear Emma,

This is Alison with Idealist.org. I've done a little reading on your blog lately, and noticed in your "About Me" section that you do a lot of knitting and crafting--me too! Currently I'm working on knitting a stuffed cat for my neighbor's new baby. Also, I noticed you liked to sail, and thought you might want to give a listen to Idealist's latest podcast, called "Born to be BAADS." It's about people with different abilities working together, in community, to sail. I found it inspiring, empowering, and think you might too. Here's the link:

http://idealist.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=348071

So give it a listen if you like, and please also give us some feedback in on our podcast comments. I hope you enjoy it. And hey, I'm looking forward to the Race for Life pics!

Happy Summer Reading,
Alison

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails