Monday 12 May 2008

On Friendship and On Life

"True friendship is like sound health, the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.
~ Charles Caleb Colton


"We cherish our friends not for their ability to amuse us but for our ability to amuse them."
~ Evelyn Waugh

"True friendship comes when silence between two people in comfortable
~Dave Tyson Gentry


I have many friends.  Good friends, occasional friends.  Acquaintances, work friends, friends of friends.  Family who are also friends.  Friends who are also family.  Just for a few days friends, fairweather friends, time apart can't break us friends and nothing in common but I love ya anyway friends.  And many other types of friends too.


Sadly I also have three good friends who have died (as well as a couple of acquaintances who have died).  And today is a year since one of them, Stevie D, died.


The first quote above is something I read earlier and thought "yes! that's so true."  You don't know what you've got till it;s gone, as they say.


The second quote is really the one that I thing sums up our Stevie and what it was/IS like to have him as a friend and as a part of our family.


The third is just one I like.


One that I really do think is appropriate right now is this



"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."
~Unknown


Stevie made it count.  And I hope that I do too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails