Friday 11 April 2008

Courage ~ Faith ~ Hope

" Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says 'I'll try again tomorrow' " ~ Mary Anne Radmacher


***


" If you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can move mountains " Matthew 17:20


***



" You can't give up hope because its hopeless, you gotta hope even more, and cover your ears and go blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah! "
~Philip J.Fry, Futurama


***


The first quote is one of my favourites, if not my all time favourite quote.  The second is one I am ambivalent about.  I don't really like the full verse from the bible nor it's connotations but I do like the idea of faith.  The third is something of a silly quote and it's one I found years ago.  It just popped into my head earlier today for some reason.

Courage, faith and hope are some of the most important things in this world.  If you ask me they are probably some of the most important things in life as well (at least to me).

Why do I like them?  Because they remind me that sometimes the simple fact of keeping going is a form of being courageous - and that it's ok to struggle.  Because they remind me how important it is to have faith in myself even if it seems to me that no one else does.  Because they remind me to be hopeful whenever possible.

After all, life is hard.  And people get it wrong.  Sometimes we think we can't do something and other times we are told we won't be able to do something.  We can be wrong.  And more importantly, so can those other people, those so called experts.

It's like the phrase "it's always darkest before the dawn."

It is pretty dark every day and that can be tough - but dawn comes round again day after day like clockwork.  And that brings better times.

For the longest time I've been living (or trying to live) with the belief that no matter what happens, I'll be OK.  Courage, Faith and Hope play a huge role in that - and the quotes I shared above help me to focus on that.

I wrote a sort of similar yet kinda unrelated post about this sort of thing here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails