Sunday 2 March 2008

19 minutes 21 seconds.

Now that it's March and the Race for Life is a little over three months away I'm kicking the training for it up a gear.  I'm taking it seriously.  And as a first step towards taking it seriously I decided that I would get outside and wheel myself some distance each day.  I didn't set the distance in stone I just decided that it would be a daily thing.  Sounded like a good way to get my stamina up and my fitness back.

So today I wheeled myself to my parents house hung out there for an hour or so with my brother (and his girlfriend when she got there) and wheeled myself back.   I had assumed it would take me at least half an hour to get there and maybe a bit less to get back.  It took me 19 minutes and 21 seconds (approx) to get there.  I didn't time how long it took to get back.

If the paths right around where I live weren't so crap i'd probably have been quicker but I'll sure as hell take that!

Maybe I will live up to the name of my chair (Quickie) after all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails