Sunday 30 December 2007

A Review of 2007 In Survey Form

A Review of 2007 In Survey Form


 


1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?


Got a tattoo. Learned to knit. Helped to run training for new people at work. Saw Daniel Radcliffe naked.


 


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


I had goals I was working towards - some I met and others I'm still working on.  Still others were unsuccessful.  I will set new goals for next year as I do frequently - reevaluating my life and situation.


 


 


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


No


 


4. Did anyone close to you die?


Yes, my good friend and "older brother" Stevie died on 12th May (which also happens to be my mum's birthday.  When I knew he was very ill and may die I lit candles and was simply praying for him.  But all I could pray was "not another death" and also think of this survey and pray that I could have year when I could answer no to this question.


 


5. What countries did you visit?


Ireland and Scotland (in June on my JST trip)

 


6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?


If I can I'd like to come off or reduce some of my medication but I refuse to beat myself up if it doesn't happen.


 


 


7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


21st July - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows released


12th May - Stevie died


13th April, got my tat.


 


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


The fact that as of this writing I only have to take my medication tomorrow and I won't have missed a single dose this year.  For the girl who spent most of last year chosing not to take the damn tablets because she "couldn't be bothered" or had better things to do or it was just too much like hard work that's pretty damn amazing.


 


 


9. What was your biggest failure?


 Not standing up for myself more.


 


 


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?


I actually think this year was pretty healthy for me; I had three spells of in bed for a few days illnesses and my spasticity levels are currently outrageously ridiculous BUT I only had two course of Abx and I didn't miss a single dose of medication!


 


11. What was the best thing you bought?


New Matress and New dryer. The Jazzy also ought to have a mention here too.


 


12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?


Too many to mention


 


 


13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?


Local government services - both in the way they treated me personally and with what I've seen through CAB.   Oh and the medical purser on my JST voyage.


 


 


14. Where did most of your money go?


My holiday


 


 


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?


Going to see KIM!!! We'd lost touch and hadn't seen each other for three or four years.


 


16. What song will always remind you of 2007?


I really can't think of one.


 


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


i. happier or sadder? Happier


ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner


iii. richer or poorer? In real terms, probably poorer but I will say richer


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Spending time with people; swimming.


 


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Obsessing about things and getting stressed and depressed about them.


 


20. How will you be spending Christmas?


At my parents house


22. Did you fall in love in 2007?


No, love is overrated


23. How many one-night stands?


None


24. What was your favourite TV programme?


Grey's Anatomy


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


I have very different opinions of a few people but I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate them, it's too strong of a word.


 


26. What was the best book you read?


I had thought it would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  But whilst that was a good book and I did love it.  In some ways it was full of cliches and disappointing.  So, probably Pride and Prejudice.  A close second would be the book I'm reading now but as I've yet to finish it, it doesn't count.


 


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?


Voltaire, probably.


 


28. What did you want and get?


Lots of things - I've been making things happen for myself this year.


 


30. What was your favourite film of this year?


I didn't go to the cinema once so probably Simpsons Movie which we watched on DVD on my birthday.


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?


Had dinner at my parents house, played a game of Articulate and watched the simpsons movie. We went to see Starlight Express (tix were my birthday present) a few days later. I turned 26!


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


Nothing really.  I know that I couldn't have undone the thing I hated most and I never can - so I refuse to obsess about it.  Especially because if it was undone I would never have learned certain lessons and wouldn't even have realised the significance of it.


 


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?


Clothes that don't fit because they are either too big or too small!


 


34. What kept you sane?


Knitting, Reading


 


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?


Gordon Ramsay (is slightly ashamed of that answer)


 


36. What political issue stirred you the most?


Ashley X/Katie Thorpe/Charlotte Wyatt (although we here very little about her now) - right to life, eugenics and medical treatment with disabilities in short.  As a small side note, this is the 4th year I've done this quiz and at least the 3rd when Charlotte Wyatt has been the issue that stirred me most (or part of it)


 


37. Who did you miss?


Stevie. Nanny, Gran and to a lesser extent my two Grandad's.


38. Who was the best new person you met?


I refuse to name names as I don't like this question. I know who they are however and it's someone I met last year but got to know properly and truly call a friend this year.  Or actually there are two people that could be and it's kind of both.


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:


Do or do not, there is no "try"


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:


Well I'm not crazy
I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
But stay a while and maybe then you'll see a different side of me
I'm not crazy
I'm just a little impaired
I know right now you don't care
But soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be


~ Matchbox Twenty - Unwell.  Because it's where I was and kind of where I still am.  Also because I'm leaving that behind and that deserves to be acknowledged.

Or because things are a lot better and this more accurately sums up where I am now:

You can spend your whole life building something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream that seems so out of
reach and you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway


~Anyway, Martina McBride

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails