Sunday 22 July 2007

One Year

"Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must needs be present, that love and live in that which is omnipresent. In this divine glass they see face to face; and there converse is free, as well as pure. This is the comfort of friends, that though they may be said to die, yet their friendship and society are, in the best sense, ever present, because immortal."
~William Penn,
More Fruits of Solitude


That is one of the quotes that appears in the facing pages of the newest Harry Potter book. And it's one that really speaks to me. Reading it I felt like it was there for me to read specifically, that I needed to read it and remind myself of it's meaning.

Particularly this weekend.

It works for more than just friends, it works for family too. And it is for family that I share it here.

It's a year (today) since my Gran left us. She left us in body alone, she's still here with us in many other ways. As long as we remember the love and the laughter, the bad times too. As long as we remember HER.

I love you Gran.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails